Sunday, June 1, 2008

"Hello, my name is Randi. I am CPR/First Aid certified. Can I help you?"

As of yesterday I am officially CPR/First Aid certified. If you are having a medical emergency or are unconscious call me so I can point at someone else and tell them to call 911 and then sit there and look like I'm doing something helpful. Just kidding. I really did learn much just hope to never use it.

The last week has been head counselor training for camp which means early mornings and feeling like bed at about 9. However, this week has been amazing. It's just a few of us and the full time staff and it's actually been really fun. Who knew learning about conflict, risk management and emergency drills could be so entertaining?...at times. We have one more week to go of training then the staff (including tresa and moss) show up and after a week of training for them campers arrive! I've gotta say I'm really excited. God has really shown me this week why he wants me back here. After last summer I wasn't that impressed. I wanted to go to RVR where there seemed to be passion behind what they preached. Without a long long story this week has changed all this. The program I was in last year is gonna change a lot this year and God has made it clear why he wanted me here, in a leadership position and what he wants from it. I'm so exited for this summer and yet completely terrified. It's gonna be a challenge but those usually wind up being the most exciting of experiences. This summer I'm giving it nothing I have and everything God has. I'm pumped.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's awesome Randi, I hope your summer is flippin sweet! glad Moss got a job.

Leesh said...

that's cool you get to work at a camp with people you know. I wish I had a summer job

Andrea said...

Oh CPR certification. Seriously, if I was choking/couldn't breathe/hyperventilating/bleeding/etc., I think it would really bug me that a CPR trained person would have to ASK me first to offer help. Silly Red Cross. :)

We should hang out before you go full time!