Monday, April 9, 2007

choosing to trust...

Every time I think I finally have things figured out they come crashing down again.

But maybe that’s the problem.

Even when I am searching out God’s plan for my life I tend to think I have I figured out and take it into my own hands again.

Why is it so hard to give it up? I mean…normally if someone were to volunteer to take care of everything for me and all I had to worry about was following that person I would have no problems. God’s doing just that: volunteering to take care of everything, to relieve me of all my worries, and he promises he won’t mess up and accidentally screw me over. I won’t wake up one morning and find myself in the sewer and hear God say “oops, I took a wrong turn”. Why as humans are we so intent on always having control? It just seems to me it would be easier and less stressful for us if we just gave it up.

The only reason I can think of why it is so hard (for me at least) to give up and trust my life completely to God is because of fear of being hurt, being let down. I can only imagine that others feel the same way. It's sad. As humans we have hurt each other and destroyed each others trust so much that we can't even trust our King, Lord, Savior, and the one who loves us unconditionally.

I’m gonna try really hard.

I’ve heard them a million times but sometimes you just need a reminder of the truth:
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Proverbs 19:21

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

0 comments: