Sunday, June 24, 2007

In expectation...

I'm giving you my heart, and all that is within
I lay it all down for the sake of you my King
I'm giving you my dreams, I'm laying down my rights
I'm giving up my pride for the promise of new life

And I surrender all to you


As i sang these words on one of my first days of camp i remember my heart earnestly desiring to give up everything to God: my dreams, my worries, my fears, my uncertanties. I remember praying that God would take these things from me, but i wondered, what is surrender?

sur·ren·der- verb - to yield (something) to the possession or power of another; deliver up possession of

I have prayed that prayer so many times. so many times i have begged God to take it all from me, but that's not what He was asking from me. He was asking me to surrender to Him. to give up. in battle, it is not considered surrender when one army is taken over by the other, it's surrender when one army says they have nothing left, that they can fight no longer because they will surely fail so they give up. they place themselves in the hands of the other. willingly.

It's Him demanding my trust.

I'm waiting expectantly for a summer full of opportunities to surreneder. opportunities that I won't let pass by.

0 comments: